Friday, August 10, 2007

I've been tagged....great.

I guess I'm supposed to come up with 7 random bits of information about myself. It's been a few days since I've been tagged and I haven't been able to think of anything very exciting....that's a little depressing. So anyway...here it is...7 not so interesting tid bits about me. :)

1. In 6th grade a won a 1st place ribbon and Best In Show for the whole Jr. High for my science fair project about plant growth. I got to take it to state competition in St. Johns (?) and ended up placing 3rd there. :)
2. I LOVE to organize things...anything.
3. I have always wished I had gone into theater / drama. I would LOVE to perform on Broadway. (Chicago, Caberet, Cats, Grease, oohh I love it!)
4. I get dileriously high on excitement in paper and fabric stores, but always end up leaving empty handed because I can't figure out what to do with everything!
5. I'm very sentimental. I love the nostalgia of old things passed down or knowing the story behind the object.
6. I'm deeply affected by my environment. I need to feel that my surroundings at home reflect my inner self. I am happiest when I'm surrounded by things / nature that feeds my soul and is a reflection of who I am. I feel very stifled when it doesn't.
7. I would LOVE to own a "you pick" flower market where I could have fields of wonderful flowers year round for people to pick bouquets from. This would fall in line with my enjoyment of working in my yard. (Except it's really hard to do at this time of the year here.).

Okay....Beth, you're tagged. :)

5 butterfly kisses:

Simplicity Wins said...

I can totally pictures you on broadway! Anytime you have the urge to organize, give me a call...I could keep you busy for days! I can relate to a lot of what you wrote about environment and sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Nonnie said...

There was not one thing in those 7 things that was not interesting!!!! You funny girl! I feel the same way in a material/paper store. Anymore, every thing boggles with all the technique!! That's why we have to come up with our own ideas!
I'll work a few days in the flower shop! :)
Ly

Debbie said...

Jamie, you and I can organize together! It is a fun little obsession :) I feel the same about paper stores, I am just usually not disciplined enough not to walk out with arm loads of things. I love getting to know you ladies better through these blogs and the bits of randomness!

Beth said...

thanks, jamie! those were fun little bits about you, let's see what i can come up with.....

jessamyn said...

i love these! i am also deeply affected by my environment. i have to have my "stuff" out so that I can see it and read it...makes me feel at home.
and i love to organize too!!!! ha ha ha...thought you could use a laugh.
love you so much.