Sunday, February 24, 2008

**PEACE**

Peace is what we're feeling these days. A dear friend of mine included a passage in her latest e-mail. It's Psalms 126:5 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." For some reason this brought me a sense of peace.
Another reason is that Matt and I have decided to pursue adoption...and we're so excited! I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and that we're finally on a path that WILL bring us joy. It's wonderful for us to think that our desires of having a family could possibly be months away! This road will no doubt have it's roadblocks...possible heartache as well, but it WILL end with a baby being placed in our arms. This process is long...especially the initial processing, paperwork, spilling your life and heart out to only be judged whether you are "worthy" enough of giving a child a home, but it will all be worth it. I feel that in my heart.
So today we're celebrating! We're GOING to have a BABY! :)

21 butterfly kisses:

kimberly said...

and we are celebrating WITH you and feeling the peace that you both exude! we are so excited for you and for us....and we will be with you every step of THIS road.....i love who you both are and am so thankful for you.....
love you so,
mom

kimberly said...

p.s.
i love.love.love this picture of you guys! says it all!

SweetAnnee said...

I am so happy..I know you'll be blessed and so
will your wee babe!!

I love the picture of you two..
I will be praying with you
and I am so thankful for
the peace God has given you.

hugs, Deena

GG said...

Your picture says it all!

I laughed out loud with joy when I read your blog. You know why?...because I am looking forward with anticipation to having a 9th great grandchild..so..bring him/her on!

Love you both. GG

Debbie said...

I have tears in my eyes for both of you. I also love the picture, and love that you have found some peace in your hearts. Love to you both. Best of luck on this new adventure in front of you!

Mandy said...

you guys are such a goodlooking couple! I was heart broken when I read about the miscarrage, I am glad you found peace and excited about you new adventure!! You are still held close in my prayers

much love
Mandy

Beth said...

you guys look so happy and peaceful! this is great news! love you and miss you both:)

Brittni said...

I am so excited for what this is going to bring you! You are both amazing people and any woman would see just how lucky the babe in their belly would be to have you both as parents! I love you so much!

Carol Dunton said...

Congratulations!! I think this picture of the 'parents-to-be' is a keeper! Blessings that peace has found your hearts and a new journey is ahead with promises to be fulfilled in the end!! : ))
VB

Anonymous said...

we are so excited for you!! God places very special little ones with very special parents.

love you both so much!!

The Tils Family said...

Jamie i'am so excited for you and matt you guys are going to be such amazing parents we will be thinking of you both love jen and B

Anonymous said...

We don't always get things how,when or the way we want them but then... sometimes new doors open and we find ourselves truly blessed! I'm sooo hopeful this will happen to you!!
Love, Auntie V

Cory said...

I am soooo excited for both of you, or should I say ALL of us!!! Including the special little one who will be blessed with such loving parents. I love you guys!

Christine said...

I agree with Cory...this sweet baby will be so, so lucky and blessed to have such amazing parents. Hoping this new journey brings you much love and happiness!

Jamie said...

Wow!! I should just print all of these words of support and send them to our agency. :) They'd be sure to approve us then!!
Thank you all SO much for this support ~ you really have no idea how much it means to us. I think this baby will be blessed to have all of YOU! :)

jessamyn said...

You're having a baby! I am so beyond excited for this journey...for you and for matt and for this beautiful little soul that is destined to be a part of your amazing love.

Hannah said...

Your writing always bring tears to my eyes! I've been praying for you for months!!! One of my friends just went through the adoption process and ended up getting two. If you go to my page I have a link to her blog about the whole process... if you have any questions I can get you her email.

Hannah said...

Its Erin Wallers blog

Heather said...

Sooo exciting! God knew there was a precious little life out there who needed a thoughtful and loving mommy and daddy like you two! This baby will definetely be blessed!
Congratulations!!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

I dont know you but I worked for Cory and with your sweet mom. She would always keep me updated on things. I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am so happy that you have chosen to adopt! I placed my daughter for adoption 5 years ago and it was the BEST choice I have ever made. My life is full due to her parents. I hope you find your little one soon! God Bless!

Simplicity Wins said...

Jamie,
I am so happy for you and Matt that you have found PEACE! I know for me scripture often will find its way into my heart when I need peace and calming. I know this journey will be an amazing one. I am so very happy for you both. Enjoy the journey and the process leading up to the arrival of your little one. God Bless!