Saturday, March 1, 2008

Homestudy Visit #1

We had our first homestudy visit last night! Two women from the agency we are doing our homestudy through came to our home around 6pm....we were done around 8:15pm. This only means one thing...lots of paperwork. :) This visit was to explain the paperwork and documentation in great detail, take a look around our home to make sure it is a safe environment and let us know of anything that we need to do to make it safer. Fortunately that list is short. We need a pool fence (which we already knew and are in the process of scheduling), receive our CPR and first aid certification and post a listing of important phone numbers next to our phone (poison control, emergency, etc.)
All in all it went really well. There were 3 documents that the agency needed to receive back as soon as possible due to the time it takes to process them. (fingerprinting, cps clearance, etc.) Well, for those who know me, it will be no surprise that those forms are already on their way back to the agency...fingerprinted, filled out and signed! :) The process is underway!
For the remainder of the day, I will be filling out even more paperwork. The most daunting part is going to be writing my autobiography....Matt and I both have to write one that is an average of 6-8 pages!
We are just so excited to be on this new path...I have read, received, heard about information and stories that just touch my heart so much. It's really all God's divine plan isn't it! For the first time in a really long time I feel like I can breathe! hmmm, peace...yes, this feels good.

5 butterfly kisses:

Debbie said...

Jamie, once again I have tears in my eyes reading your post. I am so thrilled that the visit went well and you are on your way. It is sometimes hard to see what God wants from us, but I am happy that you and Matt are now at peace. I think your home passed the safety test more than mine! :) I still need to get that phone list by my phone...even though I don't like to admit it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

kimberly said...

we are so happy that you are on this new journey....and that it is bringing with it a peace and relief that allows you to breathe.....and so much anticipation..we are feeling that peace and relief also....and so much anticipation.....funny how a parent's happiness is all wrapped up with their childrens!
love you and enjoy filling out that wonderful paperwork!

Anonymous said...

when Uncle Ken and I went through this process it was so exciting, we kept a book for our children of what we had written and gave it to them when they came home. Even though they were very young, Andy would look at that book many times over the years. Jeremy and Rachel even wrote notes to their new brother and sister. There is a lot of work, but the REWARD is so worth the time!! Love u guys!!

Beth said...

i am SO happy to read this post! how exciting that this process is underway...yay! i am always thinking of you, and i miss you, and i couldn't be happier for you both! btw i love the new blog...so cheery! how did you do it?

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Jamie..how wonderful that the process is already started. It may be a long road, but the
path will be guided by God and the future holds a dear babe for you and Matt.

Oh , I can't imagine how hard it would be to write about one's self, but it will be good!! Just ask your Mama Kim..she can tell you all the lovely things about you , that you may not see!

I'll be praying ..for peace, a short journey.
God's guiding hand & all the love you two have for each other and a new babe, that will carry your through. God speed, Deena