Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Book

Well, here is the front of our portfolio. I have to say that I was really at a loss for how the front of this book would come together, but I actually really like how it turned out. :) These are the colors of paper that I used throughout the rest of the pages too. There are LOTS of pictures inside this album...hopefully it's not overwhelming for anyone, but if I were choosing a family for my baby to become a part of I feel like I would want to see as many pictures as possible. I pretty much only have two pages left to create and for some reason I'm having a difficult time. It's the two "Holidays with Family" pages. I think it may be a couple of reasons....we always have SO much fun at the holidays and I don't feel that any pictures convey the depth of what our holidays mean to our families. Secondly, I don't feel like I have very many great holiday pictures so that makes it even harder! I guess what I don't have many pictures of are Christmas and Thanksgiving and these are two of my favorites....I have lots of Halloween photos though! :) It's hard to convey just how special Christmas morning is for us and now all of the little ones....especially with not many pictures. What's a girl to do??
Anyway...the important part is that it's almost complete! I will take it with us up to our agency and then (hopefully) get approval to make the copies. We will need to make 5 copies. I'm going to have them spiral bound and then tie short ribbons along the spiral to give it a more "homemade" feel. It's kind of a bummer that you go to all the effort to make an album and then all the birthmother gets to see is a copy of the album. :)
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!

12 butterfly kisses:

Brittni said...

Well it is beautiful!!!! The love pours out of each page! I am so excited for you guys and us as well! I can't wait to see what little babe will come into your lives and ours!!!! I love you soooo much.

Simplicity Wins said...

The cover is beautiful and I am sure the content is even better. Thanks you for sharing this amazing journey with all of us. Its like ready a wonderful book (except I know the main characters) and I am always excited to see if the next chapter has been written....I check often. I think of you guys all the time and always keep you in my prayers.

Debbie said...

It looks like a beautiful book Jamie. I don't know how it couldn't be with such a wonderful couple. Glad you have it almost finished. Good luck on your trip!

Vonda said...

Ditto on beautiful! I would think any birth mother would want to choose you and Matt.

cassie said...

well, you made me tear up. i, too, have a very special tenderness for christmas morning in our house...how on earth would you ever be able to sum up the love in two pages of pictures. i was also curious to know if you just didn't have any pictures at the holidays without beer, wine, or baileys! ha ha

Beth said...

it's so beautiful:) i can't wait to see the inside! now i'm off to send over some more pics....

Jac said...

That book looks amazing! I bet it will be the best looking of all of them. With the holiday stuff, why dont you put pics in and write about it and then write exactly what you wrote on the blog...we always have SO much fun at the holidays and I don't feel that any pictures convey the depth of what our holidays mean to our families.It's hard to convey just how special Christmas morning is for us and now all of the little ones. Sums it up perfectly. :)

jessamyn said...

it is an incredibly touching creation and i believe that all the love and hope that was poured into it will survive the transition from the original...no matter how times it is copied.
so much beauty dances off the pages.

kimberly said...

the cover is beautiful, jamer....but i knew it would be....from your soul....am excited to see the finished product....be thinking of you!

Carol Dunton said...

How beautiful and cute is this?!?! Ooooohhhh, I feel some really good karma coming along with the original and all of the copies, too! : ))
Love and hugs and prayers your way,
VB

Beth said...

it is more beautiful in person than i could have imagined:) i had the BEST time with you guys....i'm so happy that we got to spend some time together at our house, what i would give to live closer to you two...

The Tils Family said...

It looks amazing jamie.