Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

I think I'm getting really tired of hearing that...
We received our results from our frozen IVF cycle and we have a positive...however our hcg level is quite low. They like to see this level above 50 and ours came back at 20. My RE said that he has seen this number come back a little lower with frozen transfers than with fresh cycles. He advised us to be cautiously optimistic. I don't know how to do that with this type of situation...Yay, we're maybe pregnant! I guess I just need to be happy that there's still a level of hope and that our hope today was not squelched with a negative result. :)
My sister said (Cassie), "well, last time you had a great number and that didn't end how you wanted it to, so you'll just have to see what this leads to." And I had to stop and wonder if I'd gotten ANY number, would I be happy with it or would I still feel like I had to take it a day at a time. Yes, I think I would still feel scared and unsure of celebrating too much. So...here's to a postitive test today! :)
I go back on Monday to see if my levels have risen as they should be. I'll let you know how that turns out. :)
Thanks again for all of your prayers, thoughts, encouragement, support and love. We couldn't do this without you all. :)

7 butterfly kisses:

kimberly said...

we celebrate a positive test today.....that little body just took a while to know what this was all about! :) 2 positives now in the last 5 months!

i know we have to be cautiously optimistic...however, like you said....we would have been that with any number.....we will just continue to have faith and hope....and thank God for today!
love you both so much!

Debbie said...

Our prayers are still with all of you. I can only imagine the struggle your heart is going through right now, wanting to be happy, yet not knowing what is around the corner. I pray you can take one day at a time and celebrate the hope and love in your life.

Brittni said...

Yes! We celebrate todays news and be happy for today! We take it a day at a time and with each day a prayer for strength, growth and more positive news! I love you so much!

SweetAnnee said...

praying praying praying for you two..
a friend of your mom's


Pretty in Pink Deena

Mandy said...

Jamie, I am so happy to hear about the postive test. You have and will continue to be in my prayers.

Cory said...

I love you guys and thinking of you all!

SweetAnnee said...

Praying!!
deena