Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It was a good day!

Well....our little embryo heard your prayers and was strengthened by them because when I got to the doctor yesterday morning I was told that s/he survived the thaw process! I was elated and overcome with emotion...I truly wasn't really expecting this news.
The morning started off a little rocky with Matt waking up with chills, fever and cough. I told him to go back to bed...he couldn't be anywhere near such fragile company! :) Besides, it was obvious that the only place he did belong was tucked under layers of blankets in bed. So, I set off at 6:15am in order to arrive at my scheduled time of 7:30am. Around 6:45am I called my mom and asked if she could pick me up at around 8:45 and she was happy to do so, even though it was a good hour long commute in traffic. What a mom ~ and my sister Cory and little Brodes came too so that I could get my car back home. :) Thank you!!! :)
It was a little different not having anyone in the transfer room with me, but after 2 1/2 years with this reproductive endocrinologist, they are like my second family. :) So, I wasn't nervous...especially after the knowing the fight that this little embryo put up just to get to this point. I had a picture of it to hold, and I could look at the screen as they placed it in my uterus. This process just amazes me every time. You would think after doing this 5 times that I'd be used to it...but I just continue to be amazed.
The process after transfer is to wait for about 30-40 minutes before getting up, so this time instead of talking with Matt...they turned the light off and let me sleep! :) They came in and woke me up when Mom and Cory got there around 9am. It all actually went very smooth!
Yesterday and today, I'm on bedrest which is nice, but gets a little uncomfortable since I'm doing intramuscular progesterone injections in my glutes and have knots the size of golfballs! But hey...when has this process ever been easy! :)
So, we'll have the results in a couple of weeks.

As for poor Matt....he's not doing so great. Tried to take a shower this morning, but I found water all over the floor and him face down in bed...sick. :(

Thank you everyone for every way that you have helped support us through this journey. It has been a long one and we are just so thankful for your continued dedication to helping us through. We love you!

9 butterfly kisses:

jessamyn said...

Hime! I am so excited that little "frosty" pulled through and that s/he is in the safety and warmth of beautiful YOU. Sending so much love and health-filled hugs to you, Matt and little embryo. I love you all so very much!

Beth said...

i'm so glad it went smoothly for you!...but i'm so sorry matt is sick! i kept asking eric if he talked to him yesterday.....i guess i know why he didn't :(
i will continue to be praying, and you take it easy! love you, wish i could be closer.......

GG said...

For being such a teensy weensy little girl you are really a tough, strong and dedicated woman. I hope this latest effort gives you a chance to prove what a wonderful Mom you will be. And likewise that Matt will get to show the type of wonderful Dad he will be. May God grant you both the chance to prove yourself as parents. I am so proud of both of you! Love, Grandpa

Cory said...

Jame I am so very excited for this little embryo. You all are constantly in my thoughts and I love you so much. Your strength through all of this is so encouraging. I am so blessed to have you for a sister. Hope Mattie starts feeling better.

Cory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberly said...

i was thinking of the process last night after i went to bed.....and i am so amazed by all of it also.....and thank God that yesterday was a day of a precious gift....i love you both so....

cassie said...

love, love, love, love, love, love, love being sent to you, matt, and little "frosty"

Brittni said...

I am so happy I don't even know what to say or how to express it! I just smile and thank God! I want this little baby to get to see what beautiful loving parents s/he has! my prayers continue! I am so sorry that matt is sick. If I can do anything please let me know! Love you all!!!

Debbie said...

What wonderful news. Our prayers and hearts continue to be with all of you during this time. You are an amazingly strong woman. I admire you so much. Hope Matt feels better soon.