Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today, and everyday, I am thankful for family. They are the ones who are there for us no matter what. When we make bad decisions they help us put the pieces back together, when we make good decisions they cheer with us, when we are lonely they are company, when we're sick they take care of us, when we are successful they honor us, when we're sad they cry with us, when we have surgery they wait in the waiting room for hours for us, when one of their own is hurt they huddle and pray, when our heart is broken they arrive with threads of gold to sew it back together, when new members are born they rejoice, when old members leave they mourn...family. I don't know what I would ever do without mine.
There has been a lot going on in our families.....as everyone knows....and one of the people who I'm thinking a lot of today is Jill. I am hoping and praying for cancer-free cells! I know she probably won't get the results today since last time it took a few days...but I'm thinking about her and praying for a smooth surgery and good news! May she know her extended family is holding her in their hearts and that we are here for her to cheer with her. We love her and want her to know that no matter what happens...she has family....

5 butterfly kisses:

Cory said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimberly said...

beautifully said, jamie......brought tears to my eyes. i was thinking of jill also, and about her positive attitude and outlook.....she is in my thoughts and prayers.....love you sweetie!

Debbie said...

Jamie, what a beautiful tribute to an essential part of life. You are truly blessed to have such an amazing family surrounding you with love. I will add Jill to my prayers, along with your entire family.

Anonymous said...

Cory stole my line...so ditto!!!!

jessamyn said...

Jamie...this is so poetic and soulful! Thanks for weaving your beautiful words. I love you sister.