Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oh, Awaited Day!



I have been waiting for this day all week! Finally...it's raining! At the beginning of the week I was looking forward to Thursday when it was supposed to rain...it didn't rain. Then Friday...it didn't rain. Finally....it's Sunday and it's raining! :) I find the rain to be exhilerating. A breath of fresh air. A sense of renewal.
You know when there's a lot of commotion going on and the dust is thick in the air and swirling about and the rain comes along and pats all the dust back down firmly into the earth again? Well, that's how I feel about the affect that rain has on my internal "dust" as well. Everything just gets a little more settled, "patted down"...I stop and relax for a little while. I breathe a little deeper and feel like the air is a little fresher. It makes me want to twirl around outside in the wetness with an umbrella and smile....or twirl without an umbrella and laugh!
The rain...in my world...kind of softens the hardness, caresses and invigorates, and lets us know that everything is going to be okay.
Bring on the rain! :)

11 butterfly kisses:

Anonymous said...

I was so disappointed that I didn't find a "Funny Friday" from your mom...but you have now provided us with a "Super Sunday" So bring on the rain! Cleanse us and lift our spirits!!

kimberly said...

i thought of you the moment i knew it was raining......so glad that you got "your" day.....and you are home to enjoy it.....rain does do wonderful things...it slows us down and gives us time to reflect and appreciate....and it does cleanse and lift spirits....at least mine!

Cory said...

Ohhhhh it does feel good! I have been sitting by the door listening to the rain and writing in my journal, I really can't beat this moment right now! Thank you rain!!!!!!!

jessamyn said...

the rain usually is such a cleansing thing. this time around, for whatever reasons, i was hoping for the sun again!:) i think that was a first for me, though.

Brittni said...

I am with Jessie, I felt all gloom and doom this weekend and was hoping for some sunshine. I read your and moms blog and thought that I would take a gloom and doom day anytime if it meant a refreshing one for you! I love you and am glad you got your rain on a day you could enjoy it!

Cory said...

I took your advice and danced around as if I was shaking manure from every part of my body! It felt good!!!!!!! Brodes looked at me like he wasn't sure what was going on. I tried to get him in on the fun but he wasn't really going for it this time. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed that little release :)

GG said...

I loved the hard and lengthy rain. I sat out on the front porch with my steaming coffee. I had to put my feet and legs in the chair next to me to protect them from the splashes that were happening on my narrow porch. I would get too cold and would have to go back in the house to warm up and out I would come again. Pallet, the cat, kept me company out there. My cell phone ring is "Singin' In The Rain" so every time I got a call it fit right in with the weather. I loved every minute of it. GG

Debbie said...

So glad you were able to find some peace, cleansing, etc. with the rain! Josie is like you ladies, she brings one of her chairs over to the back door and just stares out at the rain. She likes to say after a rain that everything is bigger because it got food. I am glad the rain is food for your soul as well :)

cassie said...

it is so wonderful when nature just says..."slow down, take a deep breath, stay in your thoughts for a while." glad that you got to do that!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh. .the rain inside you
is falling too..patting things down
..cozying them in..
it's significant!
and I'm praying!!!

deena

SweetAnnee said...

Oh. .the rain inside you
is falling too..patting things down
..cozying them in..
it's significant!
and I'm praying!!!

deena