Thursday, September 6, 2007

Miracles Do Happen!

I just know it was the overwhelming number of prayers that God has been unindated with lately that He finally said "OK"!!! Today we received the best news we could ever hear and the first sign of a positive pregnancy test that we've ever had! I went in this morning to have blood drawn and tested and they test the HCg levels in the blood. To be considered a positive number, it had to be above 50...our number was 146. So that's a good solid number! I go back in on Monday to have my blood retested to make sure the the numbers are doubling as they should. We have no idea what lies ahead of us...it's still SO early, but for today....we're undescribably (is that a word?) happy! We're completely in shock and just keep looking at each other saying "can you believe this??". I've heard "no" so many times, that I'm not sure my mind knows how to process "yes". :) Hopefully we will have the opportunity to really let it sink in and really feel it. Right now it just seems surreal.
THANK YOU to everyone who has encouraged us, supported us and prayed for us. We are incredibly blessed to have you all and would not be where we are without you. Please don't stop praying :) we still need those prayers for continued growth and health. For today....we rejoice and celebrate this wonderful miracle we've been given!

8 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

What an absolutely beautiful, amazing day. Thank you God.

jessamyn said...

my cup runneth over.
i am beside myself.
blessed be to you and matt and little embryo(s)trecking through towards life!
i love you all so so so so much.
thank you for sharing this part of your journey.

Beth said...

we are celebrating with you! we love you guys, and are so incredibly happy and excited to hear your amazing news today. Praise God!

Debbie said...

Continued prayers and support are flowing your way. I pray that you are able to enjoy these moments with each other and realize the intense love in your life, from everyone you touch. I feel blessed that you let me into this sacred part of your life.

Cory said...

Hallelujah!!!!! Moms right, a beautiful amazing day. I am so incredibly happy for you guys and so very excited for this journey you begin together!

Vonda said...

Keep on keeping on little embryos! You will be so loved!!

GG said...

Many,many years ago I wanted something badly to happen. I told Juanita I am going to pray unceasingly for this to happen. After a long disheartening period of time when my prayers weren't answered .....they were just all of a sudden out of the blue...Answered!!! I was mesmerized and I kept saying to her "I can't believe it; I can't believe it!" And she in her Godly wisdom said to me..."Billy, isn't this what you have been praying for?" I answered "Yes" and then she wisely asked me, "Well, then don't you believe in the power of prayer??" In her wisdom she taught me to believe in prayer and I have never doubted ever again. God does things in his own time....and we must just remain faithful in our supplications to Him. So, Jamie, see how wise and positive your little Grandma was?...And how she taught me one of the most valuable lessons in my life. Grandpa (GG)

Simplicity Wins said...

I don't know how to express what this post just did within me. It took a moment before I was able to begin typing. I am in tears of joy for you both! I really do beleive int he power of paryaer and I do beleive in miracles, they happen every day and I knew one could happen for you to! I will comtinue to pray that your little embryo keeps fighting the fight. As beleivers we need to remember, it is not aleays going to happen in our time but God does have a plan for each of us. Maybe the plan for you is to be a mother and maybe now is the time! Praise God!