Wednesday, April 16, 2008

They're Off!


All of the copies of our portfolio are done, all "ribboned up" and are on their way to Hillsboro Oregon! I almost cried when I put them in the box and taped it all up...I don't really know why. I felt like I was sending kids off to school for the first time or something. I wanted to say "now, make me proud and show everyone who you are!" :) (no, I wouldn't say that to my children, but somehow I felt like our future was left up to these little books in some weird way.)
Even though we are still waiting on our approval, our agency is able to start showing potential birthmothers our portfolio if someone is interested in looking at it. WOW! What a crazy thought! :)
We're starting to talk about some of the fun things now...names...strollers...carseats...formula...diapers...nursery decor...:) I can't believe we're finally at a place where we can be talking about these things. :) Feels good!

6 butterfly kisses:

kimberly said...

so sweet, jamie.....love it! i was so excited yesterday, too....knowing they were being sent off....i can understand your feelings, putting them in the mail ...and it is amazing that they can be viewed after they arrive.....overwhelming.

and so happy that the fun things are taking up some of your thoughts now....i am so excited for you and matt....it's sinking in day by day, no?
xoxo

Debbie said...

How completely beautiful! I can only imagine how amazing the books look with the ribbons attached. I am so excited for you guys! It is so wonderful that your hearts can be filled with the exciting part of this adventure. Hopefully the road in front of you has very few bumps and many smiles! :)

cassie said...

jamie, i am SO completely blessed to have you for my sister and my friend. i love you with so much of myself that i am unable to express it. i can't wait for this new chapter of your life to start unfolding. you are SO beautiful.

Brittni said...

How exciting!!!! I get butterflies of excitement in my stomach just thinking about it!!! I am so happy for you guys!

The Tils Family said...

Jamie, it looks amazing you don't mess around thats for sure. We are so happy for you both.

Beth said...

these books are so beautiful, they speak about who you are, and how can that be anything else but beautiful? you did such an amazing job with these, i love you!