Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sharing


Well, here's a little picture of what we've done so far. You can't really tell, but the bottom part of the wall is beadboard and it's painted white. There's a white chairrail and then (obviously) green above. I have some of the bumble bees penciled in, but...I'm a little nervous to actually begin painting. I don't know why...I feel like I'm having this issue (which I often have about a LOT of things) with "finishing" something. It's really a weird "issue" to have...but for some reason the "finishing" brings about some anxiety. Maybe it's because I have to "rest" with the result and don't have the option to dream about it anymore. WHO KNOWS! But it affects me all the way down to not finishing my drink sometimes for heaven sakes!! Anyway...I'm working on it. Maybe I have a need to know there's always "more".

My wonderful mother helped me paint all 5 coats of paint on the wall ~ yes...5! Due to some paint matching issues. And my sweet dad ended up having to cut our angles for us on our chairrail with one of his handy dandy big daddy sawing tools! Thank you!!! :) We appreciate all of your help!

9 butterfly kisses:

Brittni said...

It looks GREAT!!!! You can see the beadboard if you blow the picture up. I can't wait to see the little bees!!!! Thanks for posting, I was wanting to see what had been done. Love you!

kimberly said...

beautiful......all five coats! :) that just means it is covered in extra layers of love....:) it looks so crisp and ready for those bees to start their buzzzzzing!.....i think that is a good attitude....there is always more.....besides....i think the bees are gonna take a while....and then there is the furniture....and then there are the curtains....and then there is painting the dresser...yes....there is always more! :)
love you sweetie....enjoy your day off...or at home at least!

Debbie said...

Jamie, the room looks great so far! It is funny, it looks like the same color that we painted Josie's first room. LOVE IT...all 5 coats. Have fun with the rest of the project(s). Enjoy the beautiful day.

Mandy said...

How exciting! The room looks great. Can’t wait to see it when it’s done.
Hugs
Mandy

Beth said...

ooohhhhh, i want to see it SOOOO bad! i'm sure the bees are perfect:) just paint them! i LOVE that you are doing bees, man do i wish i was closer....

jessamyn said...

looks great sista! let me know if you still want some "help" with the bees....although I am sure you have it down pat! lots of love...

jessamyn said...

oh, by the way! I think I have the opposite issue as you...I can't seem to get STARTED on things!

cassie said...

it looks so summery, clean, fresh...ahhhhhh. i can't wait to see the bees buzzing around the room. i have that issue with finishing a book. i will read non-stop for days on end, but when the end is close, i seem to put it down and find anything else to do but finish the book!

Joni said...

so this is what you girls have been up to...I love the green and especially the buzzing bee idea! not to sure about the painting of five coats...this would have been a nightmare for me...I don't paint...if ever I volunteer to paint for you, QUICKLY say NO!

one year my daughter decided she wanted her ceiling to be dark blue (with white walls)and now I think I am going to be the one stuck changing it...ew,...makes me cringe to think about it!

enjoy putting your nursery together, it's off to a good start!
hugs,
Joni