Thursday, April 17, 2008

Poem In Your Pocket day

I included this poem on the last page of our adoption portfolio.

"TWO WOMEN"
by Lori Coleman

"Two women cry into the night, their eyes are filled with tears.
Oh God, why is this happening, I need to feel you near.

One women sits in darkness, decisions she must make.
She wants to do what's best for her child, it's life she cannot take.

The other women clings to her mate, she doesn't understand.
Why they're unable to have a child, as so many others can.

These women come from different worlds, their lives are miles apart.
But God would deliver them from pain, and heal their broken hearts.

Because one precious morning, their lives were intertwined.
Both women's prayers were answered, as they felt God's plan unwind.

One woman touched her newborn's cheek, and whispered to the babe,
'because I love you little one, this sacrifice I make'.

With strength she felt from heaven, to the other woman she gave
The miracle of a baby, for her to love and raise.

The other woman looked down, at her precious baby's eyes
And thanked God for the woman who had helped fulfill this life.

Two women pray into the night, and thank the Lord above.
For the gift He's given them, to feel a Mother's love."

6 butterfly kisses:

Debbie said...

Jamie, that is a beautiful poem. I have tears down my face for the heartache and hope you (and so many others) hold each and everyday. Thank you for sharing a poem so close to your soul.

kimberly said...

brings tears every time i read it.... so gently said! i love it and you.

Brittni said...

I was hoping you would share this poem! I just get this envision of each woman as I read this poem and my heart aches for both. The tears fall down my cheeks when ever I read this amazing beautiful poem! Thank you my sister whom I love so very much!

jessamyn said...

this poem breathes aching and life. both of which are constants no matter what our situations may be.
thank you for sharing it again...here. it touches me deeply.

The Tils Family said...

What an amazing poem. Well i have had my cry for today.

Joni said...

I was not prepared to read this poem and that's what I love...the raw emotion that words on a page can invoke...

with tears in my eyes, I congratulate you on your approval...a blessing long awaited for, an answered prayer...a very wise decision to put this poem in your portfolio...hearts are melted, I'm quite certain.

*sniff*
thank you for waking up my senses...I cry at movies too.
:)
Joni