Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe New Year celebration!!! Matt is a bit under the weather so we're gearing up for a nice quiet night at home. :)
I hope this year holds all the magic and peace that your hearts can imagine. May all of our dreams come true in this new year and if they don't...may we have the strength to remind ourselves how much we DO have to be grateful for. I find myself thinking of all of the people in our country and every other country in the world that are facing such overwhelming turmoil heading into their new year. Many are feeling something that I can't even fathom experiencing or facing everyday. I have been feeling a very raw sense of gratitude lately...for those in my life that love me and support me...for the roof over my head and the food on my plate...for the freedom that is a part of my everyday...for the decisions I can make about my life....for the unconditional love of my kitty and puppy...for my husband who "gets" me...for those who have come before and for those who are yet to come...for the option of hope...I'm grateful.
May we all make some new year's resolutions this year that contribute to the goodness of humanity or the conservation of our world or just something that makes life a little better for everyone. If you want to share your resolution, I would love to hear them!! :)
Happy New Year!!!! We love you!

6 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

what a wonderful read, Jamie. so heartfelt and inclusive of so many of my thoughts, but put into beautiful words. something that i would like to remember often.....not just tonight!

happy new year's eve, sweetie and i hope mattie is feeling better.
ly

Vonda said...

Well said! With so much sorrow and misery in the world...it is good to remember how blessed we are!

Where did your siblings go?? Did the holidays completely wipe them out? Cassie has been on "Thankful Thursday" since Dec 6th!!

Beth said...

happy new year! i miss you guys :)

cassie said...

perfectly said...i haven't made my resolutions yet. maybe that will be my next post...maybe my resolution should be to post more often. sorry vonda, i have been in a slump!

Cory said...

This has been on my heart so much lately. Listening to the news around the world I try to put myself in Pakistan or in Kenya and I cannot even fathom the fear and uncertainty and all the other emotions the people must be experiencing. It does make me more grateful for what I have and where I am in my life. It also makes me want to give more. I just need to find out where and how... my new year resolution. Thanks for the post Jam. We missed you bringing in the new year. Hope mattie is feeling better. Love you!!!!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful post. It was a great reminder of things we all can be thankful for. My goal for the new year is to find and maintain balance in our changing family. We missed seeing you on New Years, but hope Matt is feeling better.