Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How DID Stella get her groove back??

I never saw the movie, so I don't know how to do it, but I feel like I've lost my "groove" and I need to get it back. Oh, I don't think it's like I "just" lost it...I've been losing it now for a number of years. I also think I've lost my Christmas spirit too somewhere, so if you see it....will you remind me where it is. And in case you don't get a Christmas card, please don't take it personally. You see...I've lost my motivation to do anything as well.
Maybe I need to go practice those warrior poses!

8 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

yes, i think a warrior pose or two would probably be a good thing. maybe it won't give you everything back ......but it will definitely help with the journey to find it. :)

one thing, don't give up on it still being there.....
love you sweetie

Brittni said...

Yes, maybe you should go do some yoga or some African dancing that you love! Maybe you should do something for you! something that you love doing and feel good doing! Or something that makes you feel good about yourself! I know it has been a busy few weeks. When it gets busy and you don't feel like you have time to get things done or there is so much to do that you don't know where to begin, it is easy to lose your motivation. Or maybe that is not it, maybe it is an emotional time for you around the holidays which makes it hard to put yourself in the full spirit and I am sorry for that. Maybe you should grab A Michael Groban Christmas CD (I heard it was the best) and make some nice hot chocolate and take a drive with your wonderful husband to look at the beautiful lights and along the way talk about happy times, thankful times, and remember that you are loved!!!

cassie said...

i second everything britt said. just remember that YOU ARE AWESOME and you can come here to see if your groove happened to take a break in farmington! i think i saw her walking down the streets of aztec, bundled up in a navy coat and cap with a pink tutu around her waist. boy did she look spunky!

Debbie said...

The holiday season is such an emotional one. It is a wonderful yet stressful time of year. I hope that you can find your groove somewhere. I think Britt is right, doing something just for yourself might be a great cure. I pray that you will find some peace in this crazy time of year.

jessamyn said...

jamie! i SO hear this! I am trying to do what I can to get the spirit moving in this home...and it just doesn't seem to be doing much. i feel like i have to get things "done" and it doesn't feel like i have a joyful spirit about it all.
i want a groove...i don't really know if i ever had one!
but...i am missing the days of my youth when christmas was such an EXCITING time of year!

MaryAnn Grove said...

so, your life has been turned upside down for awhile..It will right itself soon.. For you are a believer, and you always see the great side of life... May you have the best of always and all of us love you even though we don't get a chance to say it very often...much love MaryAnn

GG said...

Jamie, I know where and who your angel is and I also know why you can't find your groove. They are both extremely tied up at the Christmas Pageant at the big church on Cave Creek Road. I sat in the top balcony on Saturday night and your angel was tethered right next to me. When the grand finale came up it was not standing and singing the Hallelujah Chorus like we usually do...No, it was gobs of natives running down the isles in grass skirts and other brief native costumes and they filled that enorous stage doing the most hip and fantastic native dances you ever saw, they really were groovy. The theme being that every nationality and culture is aware of Christmas and its meaning. It was beautifully awesome and moving. So if you like African and island dancing that is really groovy then that is where your groove is ....performing in your name for thousands every night. Then your angel launched forth out of the balcony and flew over the 3,000 people there and dipped a little over your groove and the last I saw of her she headed south out of the church and looked as if she was making a beeline to your place. So I hope you find her and if you seriously want to find your groove she is taking a brief respite out on Cave Creek Road turning on 3,000 people every night with her groovy and fantastic Christmas routine. Take my word for it.... it certainly rejuvenated my sagging Christmas spirit and I'm now cookin' on the front burner and my groove is groovey!!!!!. Grandpa

Beth said...

it's getting harder and harder to motivate myself to get the christmas spirit moving around our house, too :) it takes so much energy, but i really think it's necessary! hopefully we can help you when you get here !! i'm thinking....zoo lights, playing in the snow, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, and more....i can't wait!