Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Off to the Big Apple!

Well, tonight we leave for New York! Our plane leaves Phoenix at 12 midnight...we arrive Chicago after about 3.5 hours, have a 1 hour layover and then on for another 2.5 hours to arrive in New York around 9:30am. Yikes...I already feel tired! :)
I'm really excited for the trip, however travelling always brings about anxiety for me...plus my dad's in the hospital and I'm the type of person who likes to be accessible for whatever the situation might need from me. Even though there're really nothing I can do, not being here is turning out to be a bit hard for me. (it's a personal issue I need to deal with...I know! :) And then there's the actual flying...I can't even think about it or my palms start to sweat. Thank goodness for Dramamine!! Once we get there, I know everything will be fine...thinking about all that is ahead of us is really exciting...5th ave., times square, central park, rockefeller center, broadway, empire state building, harbor cruise, ground zero, statue of liberty (I thought about seeing the statue of liberty this morning on my way into work and started crying...a bit emotional maybe??), delicious restaurants!! It's so exciting to be seeing a part of our country that I've never seen before. I can't wait to soak it all in.
So until we're home again on Sunday...I'll be missing you, loving you and hope that all of you have a wonderful week!
P.S. Take good care of dad!! :)

8 butterfly kisses:

Brittni said...

How exciting! I am so glad you and Matt are going on this trip. Yes the plane ride does not seem fun, but once you are there you need to take a deep breathe and enjoy the ride. I will be excited to see all the pictures so remember to take lots!!! I love you Jam and dad would want you to go and have a great time. We will take good care of him so don't you worry about that. I love you soooo much!

Vonda said...

Have a great time! I'm sure it will be a terrific experience. I hope the weather is nice.

Cory said...

I am sooooo excited for you too. After you named off all the places you are headed to see I really just want to hop into your suitcase and go with you. It is going to be amazing Jamie so make the very best of it and DON'T WORRY! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home! I love you guys.

cassie said...

well, i hope that sassy city girl you were talking about on my blog makes long appearance! you deserve this trip and to have a great time doing it. it sounds like an adventure just with the EATING!!!! yummy. can't wait to hear and see all about it.

ps...the statue of liberty has ALWAYS been something i have longed to see and breathe in. do it for me since i won't be there...this time. :) i love you!

Debbie said...

Jamie and Matt, have an amazing time! You both deserve a great trip. Don't worry about the long trip over the night....there is LOTS of coffee in New York! Can't wait to see pictures when you guys get back.

jessamyn said...

i am green with envy right now! Oh sweet Jamie! Enjoy every second of it...and remember the details that make it so unique...what the air smelt like...what sounds you heard...what people you met...how the cheesecake melted just right in your mouth (you WILL have cheesecake, won't you???)! It sounds like a trip full of energy, entertainment and excitement...LIVE IT UP sassy pants! And don't worry about the plane trip...just have a few and it will be all fun and games.
I love you both...and will miss you even more!

Simplicity Wins said...

My heart will forever be in NY. I am so excited for you to get to experience such a wonderful city. I didn't really realize how amazing it was until I left. Now, I have a true appreciation for a city so rich in culture, history and tradition. Have a great time Jamie, you deserve it!

GG said...

I didn't realize you were leaving so soon. I had it in my mind it was in December. So I was surprised. Hope all exceeds your expectations. I will be anxious to hear your critique of the two kids that won the lead in GREASE, especially Max Crumb (hope I have the name right)from Ahwautukee!. Love, GG