Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pure Gratitude

I've been reminded once again that the people around me that I call my family and friends are not to be taken for granted. It has been brought to the forefront of my mind and heart over the last few days how incredibly fortunate I am to be a part of such a loving, giving and caring group of people. I read the heartfelt sincerity in the anguish and sorrow each one of you are feeling over the tragedy at Virginia Tech and I feel so blessed to live amongst people who have such compassion for human kindness and who understand the depth of it's value in our society. I'm so grateful for the examples in my life that have encouraged this mindset and try each day to live in such a way that is reflective of this compassion and quest for justice. I'm feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderful people in my life and want to remind each of you that I love you and am so blessed for your presence in my life. You are all lights unto this world and I'm proud to call you family and friends.
"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." Buddha

2 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

What a wonderful quote.
I thank God every night for all those around us that make up our special family.

Cory said...

Jam,
you are sooo right. We are incredibly blessed with everyone that surrounds us. It does become easy to take people and things for granted and it is good to be reminded ever so often. I love you sister.