Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Always there ...

I wanted to share something with anyone out there who might need to be reminded of this as much as I did. Last Sunday Matt and I attended an absolutely wonderful church service. It was the first time we had been there and both of us were completely drawn in by the amazing art, music and message. We were truly surrounded by beauty. It's a fairly small congregation which we love and the craftsman style church just bellows "home". Who knows if this church will become our place of choice (it certainly seems to be now), but no matter what ~ it was just what my heart needed that day. The pastor spoke about many things, but one thing in particular has stayed on my mind. He simply reminded us of the fact that God never promises us that life will be easy, that we won't have addictions, that we won't face immense struggles, that our hearts won't be broken, that loved ones won't leave us, or that we won't feel pain....but He does promise that no matter what, He will always be with us through everything. I know this ~ I've heard it before, but it felt SO good to hear it again and to be reminded that no matter what, I have someone to comfort me, to heal my sorrow, and give my burdens to. It reminded me of something Diane told me about one time. She had read a book that made this concept very clear. A father walking beside his daughter....he couldn't manage where she stepped or if she stumbled and fell, but what he could do was make sure he was there to to pick her up, wipe her off and dry her tears. This is what God does for us ~ and for that I feel truly blessed and thankful.
"The Lord goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

4 butterfly kisses:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you were encouraged to remember that he will never leave us nor forsake us, He is such a good Father:>

Nonnie said...

I am so happy that you felt so refreshed at this little sancturary you found.
It's good to have an anchor, to give us some stability in life, when it seems to be whipping us to and fro.
Love you sweetie!

jessamyn said...

how exciting to find some place that feels like it "fits". i hope this is somewhere you can experience growth and love. i checked out the website...very cool...i'll have to check it out with you.

Cory said...

Jame, I as sooo happy that you found this place. Thank you for sharing this. At times it is so hard to remember this but it's true. Don't ever lose that faith.