Sunday, June 22, 2008

Self Advocacy :)

This has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm not the type of person to sit back and let someone else do all the "work" for me when it comes to...well...just about anything. :) So...it's not a very comfortable position for me to be in when it comes to our adoption process and not having a hand in the work to be done to bring our baby home. I don't feel comfortable just waiting without doing something myself to help make our situation different and bring us closer to the dream of becoming parents. I enjoy "fighting for my own cause". :) I decided that I'm going to try and do some things within my power to spread the word that we are two loving people who want to be parents and after seven years have not been able to make that happen for ourselves...we are seeking to adopt an infant to raise in this wonderfully beautiful, honest, open and incredibly loving family we are a part of. We are homestudy ready which means we have completed all of the necessary information needed to become certified in our state. We are just waiting...for a birthmother to think that we are the right people to care for and raise her child. I have thought about posting our "dear birthmother" letter...just in case anyone who happens across this blog reads it and knows someone or is someone who wants to make an adoption plan for their child. It feels a bit personal, but I guess we have to let ourselves be vulnerable sometimes if it means achieving our dreams. :)

6 butterfly kisses:

cassie said...

you are beautiful and amazing.

Debbie said...

I agree with Cassie. I can only imagine what you are going through in this time in your life. Yet, you continue to be a pillar of strength and hope. We are blessed to know you and your entire family.

Annette said...

you and your husband are such beautiful people you can tell by your blog's, and you keep fighting for what you want, I just love your mom she's one the sweetest human's I know and I know you have it too. You do what you are comfortable with and follow your heart, but please dont give up! I will continue to keep in you and your husband in my prayer's for a birth mother to find the 2 of you.
keeping you in thoughts and prayer's
Annette

kimberly said...

you realized a long time ago sweetie that you had to be your own advocate in this whole "infertility" journey.......and i sure don't think it hurts to continue that....do what you can....and at the same time, keep your faith and hope....i know every step is hard....you both are always in my heart and prayers.
xoxoxo

Mandy said...

Hi Jamie~ I know your Birthday is tomorrow, So I wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and may all your wishes come true.
Hugs
Mandy

Joni said...

just dropping by with a birthday "Hi"....hope it's a very special day for you and your family...all of America will be celebrating with you...how lucky to get fireworks on your day! And it is YOUR day...enjoy it!

hugs,
Joni