Friday, June 8, 2007

The Battle is Over

I fought the Algebra class and the Algebra class won! I dropped the class after spending over an hour on 2 sections of one problem. BUT, I re-registered for the same algebra class at a different college which has a much more traditional approach to teaching ~ one that I'm used to! :) I start that the beginning of July. What a great way to spend my birthday week. :) I feel like a load has been lifted from my shoulders. I was talking to Cassie and I told her I didn't want to feel like I was "quitting" or "giving up" so I tried to stick it out as long as I could. She told me that there's a difference between quitting and making a decision that is in my best interest. She's such a smart teacher! :) Now...after a week of no Algebra hell...I know this decision was definitely in my best interest!

2 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

I know it was the right one too, sweetie!!! No algebra class is worth the frustration that one was causing.......especially if you can take the same class elsewhere, AND understand it!!!! :) Yeehaw

GG said...

You must have your Grandpa's genes, Jamie. In the old days we never had to study algebra in grammar school like they do today. So when I chose my curriculum for high school I avoided all math except Commercial math which I flew through. I knew I was not going to college and I knew I was going to work in a business evironment so I chose accordingly and I ended up being an auditor for APS for 41 years and loved it. Never agonized over algebra, geometry or any of those brain teasers! I might not have been the brightest penny in the coin purse but I made it through life and at 79 years old I finally found my niche in life...RETIREMENT! gg