Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Smiling Faces




It's raining daisies! African Daisies that is. :)
Brittni gave out these seeds to each of her guests to leave with after her wedding. Last year I found them and thought "why don't I plant these!" I'm sad to say that I actually didn't sow them very gently or with much care. I haphazardly threw them out along side our tropical hibiscus...not really expecting a whole lot, but hoping for a surprise. Well...lo and behold this year these little plants started popping up all over a certain area of our yard. At first we thought they may be weeds...but we decided to see what would happen. As these "weeds" started getting taller and taller we started feeling a little more like they were weeds. Then we started seeing tons of buds on them. Literally if felt like it was overnight and they all just started blooming like crazy!! It makes me so happy to see them...I feel like there's a hundred smiling faces saying hi to me!! :) It's been SO hot the last few days and I have been so afraid of losing them, so I thought I better get some pictures while I could and enjoy them while I can. :)
Thanks B! I love the gift you have given us. :)

7 butterfly kisses:

kimberly said...

they are gorgeous....how fun and exciting!!!!! i have a bunch of those seeds left also.....i need to have these little smiling faces at my house too!!! love it! when did you put them out last year?
thanks for sharing, jame...
xoxo

Brittni said...

I'm so happy that they are blooming!!! They do look like little smiling faces. I can't help but smile! Great pics Jam. Good thing you didn't pluck those weeds!:) Oh memories of one of the best days of my life!!!!

Beth said...

so pretty! and that picture of molly is adorable:)

cassie said...

i actually LOVE the idea that you just hapazardly threw the seeds to land where they may and bloom. they are so happy! i have been working a bit on my garden this year, and i don't always know the difference between a weed and a possible flower. we had this beautiful yellow bloom in the midst of a jungle of purple irises. i thought it was gorgeous, and showed it off to kyle...proud of all of my hard work. kyle's mom came over the other day and said "oh here's a weed" and plucked it right out of the ground. oops!

Mandy said...

HAPPY flowers oh HAPPY day

Annette said...

they are so pretty, I've always like daisy's of any kind....isnt it neat when you least expect something to happen it does? have a delightful evening
Hugs
Annette

p.s. I just love the picture of the dog.....cute

Jamie said...

Annette ~ thanks! That's our little fur-baby Miss Molly June :)I just call her chickie. :)She's waiting for me to let her into the pool area so she can cool down from the rain! :)