Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Olive Mill

A couple of months ago I discovered that I like an Extra Dirty Martini...let me re-phrase that...I discovered that I LOVE the Extra Dirty Martini! :) I've always been a fan of green olives. My mouth literally begins to salivate at the mere thought of twisting the top off of an olive jar and popping the salty, bitter, tangy morsel in my mouth. Yep...there it goes! :) So, when Matt proposed going to The Olive Mill out in Queen Creek for a tour on Saturday, I was more than a willing partner. Test tasting olives for free! What could be better than that?? Well, it definitely wasn't the "tour". :) However, we were very well educated as to the top reasons we should buy extra virgin olive oil above anything else. It's amazing to me that they can actually squeeze oil out of an olive. I mean, think about it...oil out of an olive! In the retail area they had everything you could possibly think of to make out of an olive, and probably more! Our selections were...of course...extra virgin olive oil (the kind I can use in baking), some olive based chapstick :) (pink grapefruit flavored), spanish olive Tepanade, and Jalepeno Mexican Spice stuffed olives. In case you're wondering...yes, my mouth is watering. :) As interesting as it was, as much as I enjoyed tasting all the yummy free samples, and as enjoyable as my partner was, I probably won't rush back anytime too soon. Well, except as soon as my jar of Jalepeno Mexican Spice stuffed olives runs dry! :)

3 butterfly kisses:

Nonnie said...

What IS an extra dirty Martini anyway? Your little nephew Asher has a love for green olives too! :)

Jamie said...

I think Asher is a little young the martini right now, but maybe mimi will introduce it to him at some point in his life. :)
It's olive juice, olives, vodka, and vermouth ~ I think. I actually like the extra extra dirty martini because it has even more olive juice in it. :)

Cory said...

You know, you suprise me every day Jamie! You, who barely ever drinks, likes the extra dirty martini... who knew all those times we were trying to get you tipsy we just needed to pour a little olive juice in it!!!!